Wednesday, April 21, 2004

ok, so i went and saw phish this past weekend. it was the last night of a 3-night vegas run and the only way i can think to describe it is that it fractured my brain. seriously. i have this image of all these electrical impulses and synapses flowing through my brain all nice and ordinary like, when WHOOSH! along came that phish show and they all fractured off and ventured into uncharted territory up there in that noggin of mine. it was quite incredible.

i've been to two phish shows before...and for both of them I was tripping out of my skull. And they were genuinely amazing experiences...I mean I know I love that band for a reason. But somehow this time around it took me on a journey unlike any other I’ve had before, and it was only mildly enhanced by drugs. Granted, that was some damn good weed, but I was only slightly tripping.

Anyway.

They are just phenomenal. The brilliance that goes into making music like that probably can’t be found anywhere else. It’s so intricate and complex and fun and sneaky. I don’t think I’d ever have the energy to follow them around - that concert just completely took it out of me - but I respect them so much. That audience was brainwashed. I love it when that happens. And I’ll admit - there are times when I’m standing there thinking “they cannot mean for it to sound that out of tune” or “where the hell did the music go” but it’s never a bad reaction. It makes me laugh.

It was a swell trip. It was 14 hours in the car within a 36 hour period which is pretty insane, but I’m so glad we did it. And I’m glad shellie got her introduction to a crowd like that one. We listened to Junta on the drive home and I haven’t enjoyed that cd so much since the first time I listened to it - which was, coincidentally, the first time I ever did acid.

And fed dinosaurs(sarah the triceratops from land before time to be exact).

And watched noah’s ark float across the kitchen floor tile.

But that’s besides the point.

GOD I love sitting in front of MY OWN computer and listening to music and putzing around. This was such a good investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home