Wednesday, May 12, 2004

here's random tidbits from the past few weeks...

I feel so horrible for Daniel. He just radiates this palpable sadness and depression and I just don’t know what to do about it. I should have done more...he just needs friends and companionship. But I’m not the type to do “should haves.” But is that just a cop out in this case? I can’t imagine what his life is like... and when he’s around and his depression is obvious, I swear to god I can feel it too..

~~~

him: you like the new Avril song?
him: get out of my head, get out of my bed.....yeah, that's what I said
him: I love it
me: well. it's not as much of a problem for me as the hillary duff one or that mother fucking kimberly locke song
me: i am listens away from loving both of those
me: oh god. and "The Reason."
him: we connect like that
me: i almost have to seriously sing nicely to that one.
him: that's my #1 right now
me: yes, you and me and our cheesy pop love


~~

I finished Still Life With Woodpecker finally...and now that I’m done I want to read it again because I really did end up adoring it(not that that’s a suprise.) What it has to say about love rang so true with me. About falling in love with the mystery of it. About the romance of solitude. Making love stay, and the themes of the moon. It was fantastic.

So I went out today and bought Another Roadside Attraction, and I’m only a few pages in and loving it. After all, the main character is named Amanda and she seems to be wonderfully quirky.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home