Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Tuesday October 19, 9 something pm
a few things.
For one, I got offered a full time position at work today. This is lovely because it means I get full benefits. Which really makes no difference in my financial life, but my mom, who lovingly still pays my health insurance, is very excited. I’m just glad they appear to really like me.

For two, I am currently googling things like "canadian visa" and "brazilian residency" to see just what I’m dealing with in 2 weeks should that vile, vile, disgusting, lying evil man be reelected. I think if I thought about November 2nd in detail I’d actually freak out. The fact that an administration who has blatantly lied and cheated to this extreme extent has a chance of retaining office is so frightening to me I can’t even tell you how many facets of life it effects. And yes, it’s gotten to the point where my normally non-judgemental self can honestly say that anyone voting for bush has absolutely no credibility in my eyes from this point on. I understand that we’re all selfish and that those who are currently prospering don’t wish for change. But there are things breeding out there right now that are violent and evil and your posh car and huge home just don’t mean shit if the rest of the world is falling apart. I actually see the end of the world reflected in this man’s eyes. And it’s no Jesus vs. Satan fire and brimstone nightmare where the righteous will be saved and the sinners will burn. It’s a miserably long, depressing, horrible end where our species will wipe itself out - all of us as EQUALS. And hopefully we won't take the rest of the world with us.

I have to stop before this need to vomit gets worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home