Wednesday, June 30, 2004

hey.

how's it going?

yeah, i know it's been a while. and the info has been few and far between. what can i say though, this life i'm livin' is fine and sweet. these things i'm learnin' are lessons much needed. the scenery, the music, the life, the love the laughter...it's all pretty amazing. and time consuming. and exhausting.

I love my job. I really really do. I spend way too much time there and the corporation it’s become is pretty out of control, but the people...oh, the people. They are just wonderful. I am so surrounded with so much diversity every day. And the musical knowledge I’m sopping off of these people is just incredible. I’m making people make top 20 albums lists and compiling them so I can just start listening to everything.

And the wonderful thing about that is that I can get these lists from people and actually converse with them about music of all types. They have real opinions and real descriptions and real understandings of so many things and they’re all so articulate and confidant and...yeah. It’s amazing to hear fans speak of music they love. It’s inspiring to hear aspiring musicians talk about technicalities and passions and to just totally feed off of it and ask questions and make contributions.

And people are so wonderfully liberal here. Politics and social issues can be discussed and explored and are so easily brought out into the open.

At the same time, it’s got this wonderful mix of down to earth drinkin and smokin buddies who jsut know how to have a good time.

I drive home after work on a freeway next to a lake with sailboats surrounded by hills and more water and jagged snow covered mountains. It sounds so zen to type it all out. And it’s not that extreme, but it fills those shoes quite well.

I really like my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home